Coupled Inductor – JA4590-AL
• Developed for Texas Instruments TPS40210 Current Mode
• 1 : 1 coupled inductor with a coupling coefficient >0.95.
• Can be used as a transformer or as an inductor in SEPIC
and Zeta applications.
Core material Ferrite
Terminations RoHS compliant matte tin over nickel over phos bronze.
Weight 10.8 g
Ambient temperature –40°C to +85°C with Irms current, +85°C to
+125°C with derated current
Storage temperature Component: –40°C to +125°C.
Tape and reel packaging: –40°C to +80°C
Winding to winding isolation 500 Vrms
Resistance to soldering heat Max three 40 second reflows at
+260°C, parts cooled to room temperature between cycles
Moisture Sensitivity Level (MSL) 1 (unlimited floor life at <30°C /
85% relative humidity)
Failures in Time (FIT) / Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF)
38 per billion hours / 26,315,789 hours, calculated per Telcordia SR-332
Packaging 175/13″ reel; Plastic tape: 32 mm wide, 0.5 mm thick,
24 mm pocket spacing, 14.3 mm pocket depth
PCB washing Tested with pure water or alcohol only. For other
DCR max3 SRF typ4
inductance5 Isat6 both one
(A) windings7 winding8
1. When ordering, please specify packaging code:
Packaging: D = 13″ machine-ready reel. EIA-481 embossed plastic
tape (175 parts per full reel).
B = Less than full reel. In tape, but not machine ready.
To have a leader and trailer added ($25 charge),
use code letter D instead.
2. Inductance shown for each winding, measured at 100 kHz, 0.1 Vrms,
0 Adc on an Agilent/HP 4284A LCR meter or equivalent. When leads
are connected in parallel, inductance is the same value. When leads
are connected in series, inductance is four times the value.
3. DCR is for each winding. When leads are connected in parallel, DCR
is half the value. When leads are connected in series, DCR is twice the
4. SRF measured using an Agilent/HP 4191A or equivalent. When leads
are connected in parallel, SRF is the same value.
5. Leakage inductance is for one winding.
6. DC current, at which the inductance drops 20% (typ) from its value
without current. It is the sum of the current flowing in both windings.
7. Equal current when applied to each winding simultaneously that
causes a 40°C temperature rise from 25°C ambient.
8. Maximum current when applied to one winding that causes a 40°C
temperature rise from 25°C ambient.
Refer to Doc 639 “Selecting Coupled Inductors for SEPIC Applications.”
Refer to Doc 362 “Soldering Surface Mount Components” before soldering.
US +1-847-639-6400 firstname.lastname@example.org
UK +44-1236-730595 email@example.com
Taiwan +886-2-2264 3646 firstname.lastname@example.org
China +86-21-6218 8074 email@example.com
Singapore + 65-6484 8412 firstname.lastname@example.org
Document 852-1 Revised 06/06/12
© Coilcraft Inc. 2013
This product may not be used in medical or high
risk applications without prior Coilcraft approval.
Specification subject to change without notice.
Please check web site for latest information.