Ka-Band 1 W VPIN Limiter
Component placement and adhesive attachment assembly notes:
• Vacuum pencils and/or vacuum collets are the preferred method of pick up.
• Air bridges must be avoided during placement.
• The force impact is critical during auto placement.
• Solder or Organic Adhesive attachment can be used for TGL2203.
• Curing should be done in a convection oven; proper exhaust is a safety concern.
Solder attachment reflow process assembly notes:
• Use AuSn (80/20) solder and limit exposure to temperatures above 300°C to 3 to 4 minutes, maximum.
• An alloy station or conveyor furnace with reducing atmosphere should be used.
• Do not use any kind of flux.
• Coefficient of thermal expansion matching is critical for long-term reliability.
• Devices must be stored in a dry nitrogen atmosphere.
Organic adhesive attachment assembly notes:
• The organics such as epoxy or polyimide can be used.
• Epoxies cure at temperatures of 100 to 200°C.
Interconnect process assembly notes:
• Thermosonic ball bonding is the preferred interconnect technique.
• Force, time, and ultrasonics are critical parameters.
• Aluminum wire should not be used.
• Devices with small pad sizes should be bonded with 0.0007-inch wire.
Preliminary Datasheet: Rev A 08-26-16
© 2016 TriQuint
- 5 of 6 -
Disclaimer: Subject to change without notice