Single Rail CODEC
Issue Date: Jun. 21, 2012
The MSM7578V is single-channel CODEC CMOS ICs for voice signals ranging from 300 to 3400 Hz.
These devices contain filters for A/D and D/A conversion.
Designed especially for a single-power supply and low-power applications, these devices are particularly
optimized for telephone terminals in digital wireless systems and ISDN systems.
The devices use the same transmission clocks as those used in the MSM7508B and MSM7509B.
The analog output signal can directly drive a piezoelectric type handset receiver.
• Single power supply: +5.0 V 5%
• Low power consumption
Operating mode: 25 mW Typ. 47 mW Max. VDD = 5 V
Power down mode: 0.05 mW Typ. 0.3 mW Max. VDD = 5 V
• ITU-T Companding law
MSM7578V: μ/A-law pin-selectable
• Built-in PLL eliminates a master clock
• Serial data rate: 64/128/256/512/1024/2048 kHz
• Adjustable transmit gain
• Built-in reference voltage supply
• Directly drive a line transformer of 600 W
• The 16-pin DIP and 24-pin SOP package products provide pin compatibility with the MSM7508B/7509B
• The 20-pin SSOP package products have 1/3 the foot print of conventional products
• Package options:
16-pin plastic DIP (DIP16-P-300-2.54)
/* DIP PKG is End Of Life.
24-pin plastic SOP (SOP24-P-430-1.27-K)
20-pin plastic SSOP (SSOP20-P-250-0.95-K)