Absolute Maximum Ratings at TA = 25°C
Peak Forward Current[1,2]
Average Forward Current
Reverse Voltage (IR = 100 μA)
Transient Forward Current (10 μs Pulse)
LED Junction Temperature
Operating Temperature Range
-20 to +100°C
Storage Temperature Range
-40 to +100°C
1. Maximum IPEAK at f = 1 kHz, DF = 6.7%.
2. Refer to Figure 6 to establish pulsed operating conditions.
3. Derate linearly as shown in Figure 5.
4. The transient peak current is the maximum non-recurring peak current the device can withstand without damaging the LED die and wire bonds.
It is not recommended that the device be operated at peak currents beyond the Absolute Maximum Peak Forward Current.
Electrical/Optical Characteristics at TA = 25°C
Min. Typ. Max. Unit Test Condition
Reverse Breakdown Voltage
Spectral Line Halfwidth
Speed of Response
IF = 20 mA
IR = 100 μA
Measurement at Peak
VF = 0, f = 1 MHz
Junction to Cathode
ηV Luminous Efficacy
1. The dominant wavelength, λd, is derived from the CIE chromaticity diagram and represents the color of the device.
2. The radiant intensity, Ie, in watts per steradian, may be found from the equation Ie = lV/ηV, where IV is the luminous intensity in candelas and ηV is luminous
efficacy in lumens/watt.