Ordering number : ENA2085
Monolithic Linear IC
Voltage Regulator Driver
with Watchdog Timer
The LA5693D and LA5693MD is a single-chip voltage regulator for microcomputer system monitor use that performs
the functions of 5V output voltage control, watchdog timer, and voltage detector. Since the LA5693D and LA5693MD
can hold the reset output, it is especially suited for use in peripheral control and monitor output applications (example:
valves used in refrigeration equipment, hot water supply system).
• An external PNP transistor can be used to provide a low-saturation voltage regulator.
• Since the CK input has no edge detector, a high degree of flexibility is allowed in applications.
• Variable detection voltage.
• The watchdog time can be made longer.
• Output voltage 5V control.
• Watchdog timer.
• Power-ON reset function.
• Reset hold output [RES (2)] (Cleared with CK re-input).
• Microcomputer system for car equipment, refrigeration/heating equipment, office automation equipment.
Maximum Ratings at Ta = 25°C
Control pin voltage
Control pin current
CK input voltage
Reset pin voltage
Allowable power dissipation
V RES(1) max,
V RES(2) max
-40 to +85
-55 to +150
* : A PNP transistor is connected to the LA5693D, LA5693M externally to provide a low-saturation voltage regulator.
Therefore, ICONT≈100mA will flow, as starting current, in the VCC range where the output cannot be regulated.
Caution 1) Absolute maximum ratings represent the value which cannot be exceeded for any length of time.
Caution 2) Even when the device is used within the range of absolute maximum ratings, as a result of continuous usage under high temperature, high current,
high voltage, or drastic temperature change, the reliability of the IC may be degraded. Please contact us for the further details.
Stresses exceeding Maximum Ratings may damage the device. Maximum Ratings are stress ratings only. Functional operation above the Recommended Operating
Conditions is not implied. Extended exposure to stresses above the Recommended Operating Conditions may affect device reliability.
Semiconductor Components Industries, LLC, 2013
62012 SY 20120227-S00003 No.A2085-1/7