Connectors for FFC and FPC
This extremely small 0.5mm (.020") pitch
connector with a height of only 2.0mm
(.079") above the PCB surface allows
interconnection in extremely small spaces
and is an example of JST's leading edge
• Zero insertion force mechanism
A ZIF mechanism increases wear resistance and extends the
connector's mating life.
• Heat resistant design suitable for surface mounting
This housing is made of heat resistant plastic to allow reflow
• In-line surface mount tails
Has an in-line surface mount tails for easy inspection.
• Two types of connections
The connector is available in either the normal or reverse
configurations. The FFC/FPC is positioned with its mating
surfaces facing upward for the normal configured connector,
while the reverse configuration requires that the FFC/FPC be
positioned with its mating surfaces facing down. The engineer
has greater freedom in designing his circuitry.
• Embossed tape for automatic mounting
The FLZ connector can be packaged in embossed tape for
• Current rating: 0.5A AC, DC
• Voltage rating: 50V AC, DC
• Temperature range: -25˚C to +85˚C
(including temperature rise in applying
• Contact resistance: Initial value/40m Ω max.
After environmental testing/60m Ω max.
• Insulation resistance: 800M Ω min.
• Withstanding voltage: 200V AC/minute
• Applicable FFC and FPC: Lead pitch/0.5mm(.020")
Mating part thickness/
0.30±0.03mm(.012" ± .001")
<Note>FFC and FPC to be actually used should be checked for applicability.
* Contact JST if Lead-Free product is required.
* Refer to "General Instruction and Notice when using
Terminals and Connectors" at the end of this catalog.
* Contact JST for details.
0 Recognized E60389