1. Avoid continued exposure to the condensing moisture environment and keep the product away from rapid transitions in ambient
2. LEDs should be stored with temperature ≤ 30°C and relative humidity < 60%.
3. Product in the original sealed package is recommended to be assembled within 72 hours of opening.
Product in opened package for more than a week should be baked for 30 (+10/-0) hours at 85 ~ 100°C.
LED Mounting Method
1. The lead pitch of the LED must match the
pitch of the mounting holes on the PCB
during component placement.
Lead-forming may be required to insure
the lead pitch matches the hole pitch.
Refer to the figure below for proper lead
Note 1-3: Do not route PCB trace in the contact area between the
leadframe and the PCB to prevent short-circuits.
" ○" Correct mounting method " x " Incorrect mounting method
2. When soldering wires to the LED, each wire joint should be separately insulated with heat-shrink tube to prevent short-circuit contact.
Do not bundle both wires in one heat shrink tube to avoid pinching the LED leads. Pinching stress on the LED leads may damage the
internal structures and cause failure.
3. Use stand-offs (Fig.1) or spacers (Fig.2) to securely position the LED above the PCB.
4. Maintain a minimum of 3mm clearance between the base of the LED lens and the first lead
bend (Fig. 3 ,Fig. 4).
5. During lead forming, use tools or jigs to hold the leads securely so that the bending force
will not be transmitted to the LED lens and its internal structures. Do not perform lead
forming once the component has been mounted onto the PCB. (Fig. 5 )
© 2017 Kingbright. All Rights Reserved. Spec No: DSAF2394 / 1101006167 Rev No: V.7A Date: 04/17/2017
Page 4 / 5