SURFACE MOUNT TRANSIENT VOLTAGE SUPPRESSORS
SMAJ5.0 - SMAJ440CA
▪ Working peak reverse voltage range – 5.0V to 440V.
▪ Peak power dissipation 400W @10 x 1000 us Pulse
▪ Low profile package.
▪ Excellent clamping capability.
▪ Glass passivated junction.
▪ Fast response time: typically less than 1 ns for Uni-direction.
Less than 5 ns for Bi-direction, from 0 Volts to BV min
▪ Typical IR less than 1uA above 10V.
▪ Plastic material has UL flammability classification 94V-O
▪ RoHS compliant in lead-free versions
▪ CASE: Void-free, JEDEC DO-214AC Molded Plastic over glass passivated junction.
▪ Mounting Position: Any
▪ Polarity: by cathode band denotes uni-directional device, none cathode band
denotes bi-directional device.
▪ Terminal: Solder plated, solderable per MIL-STD-750, Method 2026
MAXIMUM RATINGS AND CHARACTERISTICS TA=25 oC
Peak Pulse Power Dissipation on 10/1000 us Waveform (Note 1, 2, FIG.1)
Peak Pulse Current of on 10/1000us Waveform (Note 1, FIG.3)
Peak Forward Surge Current, 8.3ms Single Half Sine-wave Superimposed on Rated
Load, (JEDEC Method) (Note 2. 3)
Operating Junction Temperature Range
Storage Temperature Range
See Table 1
-55 to 150
-55 to 150
1. Non-repetitive current pulse, per Fig.3 and derated above TA=25°C per Fig.2.
2. Mounted on 5.0mm2 (0.03mm thick) Copper Pads to each terminal.
3. 8.3 ms single half sine-wave, or equivalent square wave, Duty cycle=4 pluses per minute maximum.
This PDF is a property of Master Instrument Corporation.