PoE Transformer ForMaximMAX5941B
PoE Interface/PWM Controller
• Designed for forward topology
• Operates at 275 kHz, at a 50% duty cycle
Core material Ferrite
Terminations RoHS tin-silver over tin over nickel over phos bronze.
Other terminations available at additional cost.
Weight 5.6 g
Ambient temperature –40°C to +85°C
Storage temperature Component: –40°C to +85°C.
Tape and reel packaging: –40°C to +80°C
Resistance to soldering heat Max three 40 second reflows at
+260°C, parts cooled to room temperature between cycles
Moisture Sensitivity Level (MSL) 1 (unlimited floor life at <30°C /
85% relative humidity)
Failures in Time (FIT) / Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF)
38 per billion hours / 26,315,789 hours, calculated per Telcordia SR-332
Packaging 200 per 13″ reel Plastic tape: 44 mm wide,
0.35 mm thick, 28 mm pocket spacing, 9.6 mm pocket depth
PCB washing Tested with pure water or alcohol only. For other solvents,
Part Inductance2 DCR max3
number1 min (µH)
max (µH) range (V)
Turns ratio5 Isolation6
28 – 60
pri : sec 1 : 0.29
1.10 (reset) pri : reset 1 : 1
1.29 (bias) pri : drive 1 : 0.24
0.020 (drive) pri : bias 1 : 1.3
1. When ordering, please specify a packaging code:
Packaging: D = 13″ machine ready reel. EIA-481 embossed plastic tape (200 per full reel).
B = Less than full reel. In tape, but not machine ready. To have a leader and trailer
added ($25 charge), use code letter D instead.
2. Inductance is for the primary, measured at 10 kHz, 0.1 Vrms, 0 Adc.
3. DCR for the secondary is measured with the windings connected in parallel.
4. Leakage inductance is for the primary and is measured with all other windings shorted.
5. Turns ratio is with the secondary windings connected in parallel.
6. Isolation is measured from the primary, reset and bias windings to the secondary and drive windings.
7. Output is with the secondary windings connected in parallel.
8. Electrical specifications at 25°C.
Refer to Doc 362 “Soldering Surface Mount Components” before soldering.
3.3 V, 4 A
Secondary windings to be connected in
parallel on PC board.
US +1-847-639-6400 email@example.com
UK +44-1236-730595 firstname.lastname@example.org
Taiwan +886-2-2264 3646 email@example.com
China +86-21-6218 8074 firstname.lastname@example.org
Singapore + 65-6484 8412 email@example.com
Document 379-1 Revised 05/18/12
© Coilcraft Inc. 2013
This product may not be used in medical or high
risk applications without prior Coilcraft approval.
Specification subject to change without notice.
Please check web site for latest information.