1N5333B thru 1N5388B
Silicon 5 Watt Zener Diodes
The 1N5333B through 1N5388B JEDEC registered series of axial-leaded 5.0 watt Zeners
provides a selection from 3.3 to 200 volts with different tolerances as identified by specific
suffix letter on the part number. These plastic encapsulated Zeners have a moisture
classification of “Level 1” with no dry pack required. They may be operated at high maximum
dc currents with adequate heat sinking due to their comparatively low thermal resistance
design. Microsemi also offers numerous other Zener products to meet higher and lower
Important: For the latest information, visit our website http://www.microsemi.com.
• JEDEC registered 1N5333 thru 1N5388 series.
• Zener voltage available 3.3 V to 200 V.
• Plus/minus 10%, 5% and 2% voltage tolerances are available.
(See part nomenclature block.)
• RoHS compliant versions available.
APPLICATIONS / BENEFITS
• Regulates voltage over broad operating current and temperature ranges.
• Wide selection from 3.3 to 200 V.
• Flexible axial-lead mounting terminals.
• Non-sensitive to ESD per MIL-STD-750 method 1020.
• Withstands high surge stresses.
• Minimal changes of voltage versus current.
• High specified maximum current (IZM) with adequate heat sinking.
• Moisture classification is “Level 1” per IPC/JEDEC J-STD-020B with no dry pack required.
Also available in:
SMBJ5333 – SMBJ5388
Gull wing Package
SMBG5333 – SMBG5388
Junction and Storage Temperature
Thermal Resistance Junction-to-Lead (1)
Thermal Resistance Junction-to-Ambient (2)
Off-State Power Dissipation @ 25 oC (3)
Forward Voltage @ 1.0 A
Solder Temperature @ 10 s
TJ and TSTG
-65 to +150
1. At 3/8 (10 mm) lead length from body.
2. When mounted on FR4 PC board (1oz Cu) with 4 mm2 copper pads and track width 1 mm, length 25
3. 5 watts at T L < 25oC 3/8 inch (10 mm) from body, or 1.47 watts at T A = 25 ºC when mounted on FR4 PC
described for thermal resistance (also see Figure 1).
MSC – Lawrence
6 Lake Street,
Lawrence, MA 01841
Tel: 1-800-446-1158 or
Fax: (978) 689-0803
MSC – Ireland
Gort Road Business Park,
Ennis, Co. Clare, Ireland
Tel: +353 (0) 65 6840044
Fax: +353 (0) 65 6822298
T4-LDS-0246, Rev. 1 (120180)
©2012 Microsemi Corporation
Page 1 of 5