Surface Mount > 600W > SZ1SMB Series
The SZ1SMB series is designed to protect voltage
sensitive components from high voltage, high energy
transients. They have excellent clamping capability, high
surge capability, and fast response time. The SZ1SMB
series is supplied in the Littelfuse exclusive, cost-effective,
highly reliable package and is ideally suited for use in
communication systems, automotive, numerical controls,
process controls, medical equipment, business machines,
power supplies and many other industrial/consumer
Maximum Ratings and Thermal Characteristics
Peak Power Dissipation (Note 1) @ TL =
25°C, Pulse Width = 1 ms
DC Power Dissipation @ TL = 75°C
Measured Zero Lead Length (Note 2)
Derate Above 75°C
Thermal Resistance from Junction−to−
DC Power Dissipation (Note 3) @ TA =
25°C Derate Above 25°C
Thermal Resistance from Junction–to–
Forward Surge Current (Note 4) @ TA
Operating and Storage Temperature
Stresses exceeding those listed in the Maximum Ratings table may damage the componant.
If any of these limits are exceeded, device functionality should not be assumed, damage may
occur and reliability may be affected.
1. 10/1000 µs, non−repetitive.
2. 1” square copper pad, FR−4 board.
3. FR−4 board, using Littelfuse minimum recommended footprint, as shown in 403A-03
case outline dimensions spec.
4. 1/2 sine wave (or equivalent square wave), PW = 8.3 ms, duty cycle = 4 pulses per
minute maximum - For Unidirectional only.
• Working Peak Reverse Voltage Range − 5.0 V to 170 V for
unidirectional, and 10 V to 75 V for bidirectional
• Standard Avalanche Breakdown Voltage Range −
6.7 V to 199 V for uni-directional, 11.7 V to 91.7 V for
• Peak Power − 600 W @ 1.0 ms
• ESD Rating of Class 3 (> 16 kV) per Human Body Model
• Maximum Clamp Voltage @ Peak Pulse Current
• Low Leakage < 5.0 µA Above 10 V
• Intended for UL 497B Type Protection
• Response Time is Typically < 1.0 ns
• Pb-free means 2nd level interconnect is Pb-free and the
terminal finish material is tin(Sn)
• SZ Prefix for Automotive and Other Applications Requiring
Unique Site and Control Change Requirements;
AEC−Q101 Qualified and PPAP Capable
© 2018 Littelfuse, Inc.
Specifications are subject to change without notice.