USB Host Charger Identification
The SLG55596A is a USB device that combines high speed
USB switches with a USB host charger (dedicated charger)
identification circuit. The device supports both the latest USB
Battery Charging Specification Revision 1.2 including data
contact detection and a set resistor bias for Apple* compliant
devices as well as legacy USB D+/D- short detection using
data line pull-up.
The SLG55596A can also support CDP mode (FAST charging
and data communication available mode if smartphone can
support CDP mode).
The SLG55596A can also support low speed / full speed
mouse/keyboard wake-up from S3 mode.
• High Speed USB Switching
• Low 4.0pF (typ) On Capacitance
• Low 4.0Ω (typ) On Resistance
• Low 0.5Ω (typ) On Resistance Flatness
• 4.5V to 5.5V Supply Range
• Low Supply Current
• Automatic Current-Limit Switch Control
• Automatic USB Charger Identification Circuit
• CDP Support (active USB 2.0 data communication with
• Apple iPad* @ 2.4A charging current support
• Automatic CDP/SDP mode support with SMART-CDP=1
for "Always Data Communication"
• Chinese Telecom Standard YD/T 1591-2009 specification
• Samsung Galaxy Tab** charge scheme support
• Pb-Free / RoHS Compliant / Halogen-Free
• TDFN-8 Package
Pin Configuration - SLG55596A
connected to GND
* Apple iPhone, iPad and iPod are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the
U.S. and other countries.
** Samsung Galaxy Tab are trademarks of Samsung Electronics, registered in
Korea and other countries.
Silego Technology, Inc.
Revised April 22, 2014