Electrical Characteristics (TA = 25°C Unless otherwise speciﬁed.) (Continued)
Input-Output Isolation Voltage(5) f = 60Hz, t = 1 sec.
VI-O = 500VDC
VI-O = Ø, f = 1MHz
* Indicates JEDEC registered data.
1. The current transfer ratio(IC/IF) is the ratio of the detector collector current to the LED input current.
2. Pulse test: pulse width = 300µs, duty cycle ≤ 2.0% .
3. IF adjusted to IC = 2.0mA and IC = 0.7mA rms.
4. The frequency at which IC is 3dB down from the 1kHz value.
5. For this test, LED pins 1 and 2 are common, and phototransistor pins 4, 5 and 6 are common.
Safety and Insulation Ratings
As per IEC 60747-5-2, this optocoupler is suitable for “safe electrical insulation” only within the safety limit data.
Compliance with the safety ratings shall be ensured by means of protective circuits.
Installation Classiﬁcations per DIN VDE 0110/1.89
For Rated Main Voltage < 150Vrms
For Rated Main voltage < 300Vrms
Pollution Degree (DIN VDE 0110/1.89)
Comparative Tracking Index
Input to Output Test Voltage, Method b,
VIORM x 1.875 = VPR, 100% Production Test
with tm = 1 sec, Partial Discharge < 5pC
Input to Output Test Voltage, Method a,
VIORM x 1.5 = VPR, Type and Sample Test
with tm = 60 sec, Partial Discharge < 5pC
Max. Working Insulation Voltage
Highest Allowable Over Voltage
Insulation Resistance at Ts, VIO = 500V
©2007 Fairchild Semiconductor Corporation
4NXXM, H11B1M, TIL113M Rev. 1.0.3