Advanced Double-Ended PWM Controller
The ISL6742 is a high-performance double-ended PWM
controller with advanced synchronous rectifier control and
current limit features. It is suitable for both current- and
voltage-mode control methods.
The ISL6742 includes complemented PWM outputs for
Synchronous Rectifier (SR) control. The complemented
outputs may be dynamically advanced or delayed relative to
the main outputs using an external control voltage.
Its advanced current sensing circuitry employs sample and
hold methods to provide a precise average current signal.
Suitable for average current limiting, a technique which
virtually eliminates the current tail-out common to peak
current limiting methods, it is also applicable to current
sharing circuits and average current-mode control.
This advanced BiCMOS design features an adjustable oscillator
frequency up to 2MHz, internal over-temperature protection,
precision dead time control, and short propagation delays.
Additionally, multipulse suppression ensures alternating output
pulses at low duty cycles where pulse skipping may occur.
(Notes 1, 2, 3)
ISL6742AAZA ISL 6742AAZ -40 to +105 16 Ld QSOP M16.15A
1. Add “-T” suffix for tape and reel. Please refer to TB347 for details on
2. These Intersil Pb-free plastic packaged products employ special Pb-
free material sets, molding compounds/die attach materials, and
100% matte tin plate plus anneal (e3 termination finish, which is
RoHS compliant and compatible with both SnPb and Pb-free soldering
operations). Intersil Pb-free products are MSL classified at Pb-free
peak reflow temperatures that meet or exceed the Pb-free
requirements of IPC/JEDEC J STD-020.
3. For Moisture Sensitivity Level (MSL), please see product information
page for ISL6742. For more information on MSL, please see tech brief
December 3, 2015
• Synchronous rectifier control outputs with adjustable
• Adjustable average current signal
• 3% Tolerance cycle-by-cycle peak current limit
• Fast current sense to output delay
• Adjustable oscillator frequency up to 2MHz
• Adjustable dead time control
• Voltage- or current-mode operation
• Separate RAMP and CS inputs for voltage feed-forward or
• Tight tolerance error amplifier reference over line, load, and
• 175µA start-up current
• Supply UVLO
• Adjustable soft-start
• 70ns leading edge blanking
• Multipulse suppression
• Internal over-temperature protection
• Pb-Free (RoHS compliant)
• Half-bridge, full-bridge, interleaved forward, and push-pull
• Telecom and datacom power
• Wireless base station power
• File server power
• Industrial power systems
(16 LD QSOP)
FN9183 Rev 3.00
December 3, 2015
Page 1 of 18