© ABLIC Inc., 2018
AUTOMOTIVE, 105°C OPERATION,
BATTERY MONITORING IC
FOR 3-SERIAL TO 6-SERIAL CELL PACK
The S-19192 Series is a monitoring IC for automotive rechargeable batteries, which includes high-accuracy voltage
detection circuits and delay circuits. Switching control for 3-serial to 6-serial cell is possible by inputting voltage to the SEL1
pin and the SEL2 pin.
In addition, the S-19192 Series can perform a self-test to confirm overcharge and overdischarge detection operations.
Caution This product can be used in vehicle equipment and in-vehicle equipment. Before using the product in
the purpose, contact to ABLIC Inc. is indispensable.
• High-accuracy voltage detection circuit for each cell
Overcharge detection voltage n (n = 1 to 6): 2.500 V to 4.500 V (25 mV step) Accuracy ±20 mV (Ta = +25°C)
Accuracy ±30 mV (Ta = −5°C to +55°C)
Overcharge release voltage n (n = 1 to 6):
2.300 V to 4.500 V (50 mV step)*1
Accuracy ±50 mV
Overdischarge detection voltage n (n = 1 to 6): 1.500 V to 3.000 V (100 mV step)*2, *3 Accuracy ±80 mV
Overdischarge release voltage n (n = 1 to 6): 1.500 V to 3.300 V (100 mV step)*4 Accuracy ±100 mV
• Self-test function to confirm overcharge and overdischarge detection operations is available.
Delay time shortening function during self-test is selectable from "available" / "unavailable".
• Each delay time is settable by an internal circuit only (External capacitors are not necessary).
Detection delay time is selectable:
32 ms, 64 ms, 128 ms, 256 ms
Release delay time is selectable:
2.0 ms, 4.0 ms, 8.0 ms, 16.0 ms
• Switching control for 3-serial to 6-serial cell is possible by inputting voltage to the SEL1 pin and the SEL2 pin.
• Two output pins:
OUT1 pin: Overcharge and overdischarge detection results
OUT2 pin: Self-test results
• Output form is selectable:
CMOS output, Nch open-drain output
• Output logic is selectable:
Active "H", active "L"
• High-withstand voltage:
Absolute maximum rating 28 V
• Wide operation voltage range:
6 V to 28 V
• Wide operation temperature range:
Ta = −40°C to +105°C
• Low current consumption
18 μA max. (Ta = +25°C)
• Lead-free (Sn 100%), halogen-free
• AEC-Q100 in process*5
• The following documents are available when customers perform verifications for "Hardware Component Qualification"
in order to meet "Functional Safety Requirements".*5, *6
"Hardware Safety Analysis Report"
"Hardware Integration and Testing Report"
*1. Overcharge release voltage = Overcharge detection voltage − Overcharge hysteresis voltage
(Overcharge hysteresis voltage n (n = 1 to 6) is selectable from 0 V to 400 mV in 50 mV step.)
*2. Set the voltage difference between the overcharge detection voltage and overdischarge detection voltage to 2.5 V
*3 When the S-19192 Series is used for monitoring a 3-serial-cell battery, set the overdischarge detection voltage n (n
= 1 to 6) to 2.0 V or higher.
*4. Overdischarge release voltage = Overdischarge detection voltage + Overdischarge hysteresis voltage
(Overdischarge hysteresis voltage n (n = 1 to 6) is selectable from 0 V to 0.7 V in 100 mV step.)
*5. Contact our sales office for details.
*6. The Non Disclosure Agreement is necessary when providing the documents.
• Automotive rechargeable battery pack (EV, HEV, PHEV)