100mA VOLTAGE REGULATOR
• 5.0V, 6.2V and 8.0V Output Voltage Available*
• Output Voltage Tolerance of ±5% Over Temperature
• Output Current in excess of 100mA
• Internal Thermal Overload Protection
• Overvoltage Protection
• Short Circuit protection
• TO-92, SO-8 and SOT-89 Packages Available
• Battery Powered Systems
• Portable Consumer Equipment
• Cordless Telephones
• Portable (Notebook) Computers
• Portable Instrumentation
• Radio Control Systems
• Logic Systems
The AMS78LXX series consists of positive fixed voltage regulators ideally suited for use in battery-powered systems. These
devices feature very low quiescent current of 1mA or less when supplying 10mA loads. This unique characteristic and the low
input -output differential of less than 1V required for proper regulation, make the AMS78LXX ideal to use for standby power
systems and portable equipment.
The AMS78LXX series also includes internal current limiting, over voltage protection, thermal shutdown, and is able to
withstand temporary power-up with mirror-image insertion.
The AMS78LXX series is offered in the 3-pin TO-92 package, 8-pin plastic SOIC and SOT-89 packages.
8 LEAD SOIC
5.0V AMS78L05N AMS78L05S
6.2V AMS78L62N AMS78L62S
8.0V AMS78L08N AMS78L08S
* For other fixed voltages consult factory.
Plastic Package (N)
INPUT GND OUTPUT
Advanced Monolithic Systems, Inc. 6680B Sierra Lane, Dublin, CA 94568 Phone (925) 556-9090 Fax (925) 556-9140