Flexible Single Ended Current Mode PWM
The ISL6721 is a low power, single-ended pulse width
modulating (PWM) current mode controller designed for a
wide range of DC-DC conversion applications including
boost, flyback, and isolated output configurations. Peak
current mode control effectively handles power transients
and provides inherent over-current protection. Other
features include a low power mode where the supply current
drops to less than 200µA during over voltage and over
current shutdown faults.
This advanced BiCMOS design features low operating
current, adjustable operating frequency up to 1MHz,
adjustable soft-start, and a bi-directional SYNC signal that
allows the oscillator to be locked to an external clock for
noise sensitive applications.
-40 to 105 16 Ld SOIC M16.15
-40 to 105 16 Ld TSSOP M16.173
• 1A MOSFET Gate Driver
• 100µA Startup Current
• Fast Transient Response with Peak Current Mode Control
• Adjustable Switching Frequency up to 1MHz
• Bi-Directional Synchronization
• Low Power Disable Mode
• Delayed Restart from OV and OC Shutdown Faults
• Adjustable Slope Compensation
• Adjustable Soft Start
• Adjustable Over Current Shutdown Delay
• Adjustable UV and OV Monitors
• Leading Edge Blanking
• Integrated Thermal Shutdown
• 1% Tolerance voltage Reference
• Telecom and Datacom Power
• Wireless Base Station Power
• File Server Power
• Industrial Power Systems
• Isolated Buck and Flyback Regulators
• Boost Regulators
ISL6721 (SOIC, TSSOP)
1 CAUTION: These devices are sensitive to electrostatic discharge; follow proper IC Handling Procedures.
1-888-INTERSIL or 321-724-7143 | Intersil (and design) is a registered trademark of Intersil Americas Inc.
Copyright © Intersil Americas Inc. 2003. All Rights Reserved.
All other trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners.