MOS INTEGRATED CIRCUIT
µPD78C10A, 78C11A, 78C12A
8-BIT SINGLE-CHIP MICROCOMPUTER (WITH A/D CONVERTER)
The µPD78C11A is a CMOS 8-bit microprocessor which can integrate 16-bit ALU, ROM, RAM, an A/D converter,
a multi-function timer/event counter, and a general-purpose serial interface into a single chip, then expand the
memory (ROM/RAM) up to 60K bytes externally. The µPD78C10A is a ROM-less product of the µPD78C11A, and can
directly address the external memory up to 64k bytes. The µPD78C12A is a product which has more built-in ROM
capacity than the µPD78C11A, and its memory (ROM/RAM) can be externally extended up to 56K bytes. The
µPD78C10A, µPD78C11A, and µPD78C12A operated at low power consumption, because they have a CMOS
construction. Also, they can hold data with low power consumption by using standby function.
On-chip PROM products, µPD78CP14 and µPD78CP18 which are ideal for evaluation or preproduction use during
system development, early start-up and short-run multiple-device production of application sets, are available.
• Abundant 159 types of instructions : 87AD series instruction set, multiplication/division instructions,
16-bit operation instructions
• Instruction cycle : 0.8 µs (at 15 MHz operation)
• On-chip ROM : 4096W × 8 (µPD78C11A), 8192W × 8 (µPD78C12A)
• On-chip RAM : 256W × 8
• High-precision 8-bit A/D converter : 8 analog inputs
• General-purpose serial interface : Asynchronous, synchronous, I/O interface mode
• Multi-function 16-bit timer/event counter
• Two 8-bit timers
• I/O lines : 32 (µPD78C10A), 44 (µPD78C11A, 78C12A)
• Interrupt function (external - 3, internal - 8) : Non-maskable interrupt × 1, maskable interrupt × 10
• Standby function : HALT mode, hardware/software STOP mode
• Zero-cross detection function : (2 inputs)
• On-chip pull-up resistor (port A, B, C: µPD78C11A, 78C12A only) by mask option
Caution The µPD78C10A does not hava a mask option.
Document No. IC-2678C
(O. D. No. IC-7769E)
Date Published February 1995 P
Printed in Japan
The information in this document is subject to change without notice.
The mark 5 shows major revised points.