MOS INTEGRATED CIRCUIT
8-BIT SINGLE-CHIP MICROCOMPUTER
The µPD78CP18(A) is a version of the µPD78C18(A) in which the internal mask ROM is replaced by one-time PROM.
The one-time PROM version can be programmed once only by users, and is ideally suited for small-scall of many
differnt products, and rapid development and time-to-market of a new product.
The detailed functions are descrived in the following user's manual. Read this manual before starting design
87AD series µPD78C18 user's manual: IEU-1314
• High reliability compared to the µPD78CP18
• Compatible with the µPD78C11A(A), 78C12A(A), 78C14(A), 78C18(A)
• Internal PROM: 32768 W × 8
• Internal PROM capacity can be changed by software to conform to the µPD78C11A(A), 78C12A(A), 78C14(A),
• PROM programming characteristics: µPD27C256A compatible
• Power supply voltage range: 5 V ± 10 %
• Supports QTOP™ microcomputer
Remark QTOP microcomputer is the generic name of NEC's single-chip microcomputers for which NEC
provides total service including writing, marking, screening, and inspection.
64-pin plastic QFP (14 × 20 mm)
64-pin plastic QUIP
Please refer to “Quality grade on NEC Semiconductor Devices” (Document number IEI-1209) published by
NEC Corporation to know the specification of quality grade on the devices and its recommended applications.
Document No. IC-3233A
(O. D. No. IC-8702A)
Date Published March 1995 P
Printed in Japan
The information in this document is subject to change without notice.
The mark 5 shows major revised points.