TGL41-6.8 thru TGL41-200CA
500 Watt Transient Voltage Suppressor
This series of 500 W Transient Voltage Suppressors (TVSs) provides the
highest level of Peak Pulse Power (PPP) in the industry for the DO-213AB
size MELF package. These PPP levels offer protection from switching
transients, induced RF, secondary lightning, as well as ESD or EFT where
these devices are also compliant to IEC61000-4-2 and IEC61000-4-4. In
addition to unidirectional TVS configurations, this series also offers
bidirectional options with C or CA suffix. Its configuration in a MELF
package prevents lead damage to terminals and also reduces inductive
parasitics for minimal transient voltage overshoots.
IMPORTANT: For the most current data, consult MICROSEMI’s website: http://www.microsemi.com
• Economical series for 500 Watt Surface Mount
transient voltage suppressor.
• Available in Both Unidirectional and Bidirectional
Construction. Bidirectional has a C or CA suffix.
• 6.8 to 200 Volts Available.
• 500 Watts Peak Power Dissipation.
• Fast Response Time: Subnanosecond Response
(Unipolar) or 5.0 ns (Bipolar).
• Plastic package has flame retardant epoxy meeting
APPLICATIONS / BENEFITS
• For Surface Mount Applications
• Protection from switching transients, induced
RF, secondary lightning, as well as ESD, and
EFT per IEC 61000-4-2 and IEC 6100-4-4
• Very low inductive parasitics with minimal
Ldi/dt voltage overshoots for fast-rise-time
• Robust package for pick-and-place handling
MAXIMUM RATINGS @ 25oC*
MECHANICAL AND PACKAGING
• Peak Pulse Power Dissipation (PPP) - 500 W (Note
1 & 5).
• Peak Forward Surge Current (IFSM) - 40 A (Note 3)
• Peak Pulse Current (IPP) at 10/1000 µs waveform -
see Table 1 (Note 1)
• Steady-State Power Dissipation, P(AV) - 3.0W (Note
• Operating and Storage temperatures, TOP, TSTG –
(-55oC to +150oC)
• Molded epoxy package meets UL94V-0
• End-Cap terminals solderable per MIL-STD-750,
Method 2026 (max 260oC for 10 seconds.
• Polarity is indicated by cathode band. Bidirectional
devices have no polarity band.
• Body marked with P/N without TGL41 prefix.
• Weight: 0.06 grams (approximate)
• Tape and Reel packaging per EIA-481-2 with 12
mm tape with 5000 per 13 inch reel.
• Thermal Resistance junction to end cap (R? JEC) –
* Unless otherwise specified.
1. Non-repetitive current pulse, per Figure 3 and derated above TA = 25oC per Figure 2.
2. Mounted on 4.0 mm2 copper pads to each terminal. (See Figure 3)
3. 8.3 ms single half-sine wave duty cycle = 4 pulses per minute max. Peak forward voltage at 40 A is 3.5 volts (unipolar only)
4. Derate linearly above 100oC to zero at 150oC for dc steady-state power. Also see Figure 2 for transient derating.
5. Peak pulse current waveform is 10/1000 µs, with maximum duty cycle of 0.01%. (See Figure 4)
Copyright © 2003
01-29-2003 REV A
8700 E. Thomas Rd. PO Box 1390, Scottsdale, AZ 85252 USA, (480) 941-6300, Fax: (480) 947-1503