ABSOLUTE MAXIMUM RATINGS*
Temperature Under Bias ................. –55°C to +125°C
Storage Temperature ....................... –65°C to +150°C
Voltage on Any Pin with
Respect to Ground(1) ........... –2.0V to +VCC + 2.0V
VCC with Respect to Ground ............... –2.0V to +7.0V
Package Power Dissipation
Capability (Ta = 25°C) ................................... 1.0W
Lead Soldering Temperature (10 secs) ............ 300°C
Output Short Circuit Current(2) ........................ 100mA
Stresses above those listed under “Absolute Maximum
Ratings” may cause permanent damage to the device.
These are stress ratings only, and functional operation of
the device at these or any other conditions outside of those
listed in the operational sections of this specification is not
implied. Exposure to any absolute maximum rating for
extended periods may affect device performance and
D.C. OPERATING CHARACTERISTICS
VCC = +1.8V to +5.5V, unless otherwise specified.
Min. Typ. Max.
Power Supply Current
Standby Current (VCC = 5V)
ILI Input Leakage Current
ILO Output Leakage Current
VIL Input Low Voltage
–1 VCC x 0.3
VIH Input High Voltage
VCC x 0.7
VCC + 0.5
VOL1 Output Low Voltage (VCC = +3.0V)
VOL2 Output Low Voltage (VCC = +1.8V)
fSCL = 100 KHz
VIN = GND or VCC
VIN = GND to VCC
VOUT = GND to VCC
IOL = 3.0 mA
IOL = 1.5 mA
CAPACITANCE TA = 25°C, f = 1.0 MHz, VCC = 5V
CI/O(3) Input/Output Capacitance (SDA)
Input Capacitance (A0, A1, A2, SCL, WP)
VI/O = 0V
VIN = 0V
(1) The minimum DC input voltage is –0.5V. During transitions, inputs may undershoot to –2.0V for periods of less than 20 ns. Maximum DC
voltage on output pins is VCC +0.5V, which may overshoot to VCC + 2.0V for periods of less than 20ns.
(2) Output shorted for no more than one second. No more than one output shorted at a time.
(3) These parameters are tested initially and after a design or process change that affects the parameter according to appropriate AEC-Q100
and JEDEC test methods.
(4) Latch-up protection is provided for stresses up to 100 mA on address and data pins from –1V to VCC +1V.
(5) Maximum standby current (ISB ) = 10µA for the Automotive and Extended Automotive temperature range.
Doc. No. 1039, Rev. G
© 2005 by Catalyst Semiconductor, Inc.
Characteristics subject to change without notice