PFC & PWM Control IC
The HA16158 is a power supply controller IC combining an AC-DC converter switching controller for
power factor correction and an off-line power supply switching controller. The PFC (power factor
correction) section employs average current mode PWM and the off-line power supply control section
employs peak current mode PWM.
The HA16158 allows the operating frequency to be varied with a single timing resistance, enabling it to be
used for a variety of applications.
The PFC operation can be turned on and off by an external control signal. Use of this on/off function
makes it possible to disable PFC operation at a low line voltage, or to perform remote control operation
from the transformer secondary side.
The PWM controller includes a power-saving function that reduces the operating frequency to a maximum
of 1/64 in the standby state, greatly dewcrewaswin.gDsawtiatcShihneg elots4sU. .com
The PFC section and PWM section are each provided with a soft start control pin, enabling a soft start time
to be set easily.
• Supply voltage Vcc: 24 V
• Operating junction temperature Tjopr: –40°C to +125°C
• VREF output voltage VREF: 5.0 V ± 2%
• UVLO start threshold VH: 16.0 V ± 1.0 V
• UVLO shutdown threshold VL: 10.0 V ± 0.6 V
• PFC output maximum duty cycle Dmax-pfc: 95% typ.
• PWM output maximum duty cycle Dmax-pwm: 45% typ.
• Synchronized PFC and PWM timing
• PFC function on/off control
• PWM power-saving function (frequency reduced to maximum of 1/64)
• PWM overvoltage latch protection circuit
• Soft start control circuits for both PFC and PWM
• Package lineup: SOP-16/DILP-16