¼ Watt, High Linearity InGaP HBT Amplifier
The Communications Edge TM
SCG015B (SOT-89 Package) Mechanical Information
This package may contain lead-bearing materials. The plating material on the leads is SnPb.
The component will be marked with an “S015”
designator with an alphanumeric lot code on the
top surface of the package.
Tape and reel specifications for this part are
located on the website in the “Application Notes”
ESD / MSL Information
Passes at between 500 and 1000V
Human Body Model (HBM)
JEDEC Standard JESD22-A114
MSL Rating: Level 3 at +235 °C convection reflow
Standard: JEDEC Standard J-STD-020
Mounting Config. Notes
1. Ground / thermal vias are critical for the proper performance of this
device. Vias should use a .35mm (#80 / .0135”) diameter drill and
have a final plated thru diameter of .25 mm (.010”).
2. Add as much copper as possible to inner and outer layers near the
part to ensure optimal thermal performance.
3. Mounting screws can be added near the part to fasten the board to a
heatsink. Ensure that the ground / thermal via region contacts the
4. Do not put solder mask on the backside of the PC board in the region
where the board contacts the heatsink.
5. RF trace width depends upon the PC board material and construction.
6. Use 1 oz. Copper minimum.
7. All dimensions are in millimeters (inches). Angles are in degrees.
Operating Case Temperature
Thermal Resistance, Rth (1)
Junction Temperature, Tjc (2)
-40 to +85 °C
128 °C / W
1. The thermal resistance is referenced from the
junction-to-case at a case temperature of 85° C.
2. This corresponds to the typical biasing condition of
+5V, 100 mA at an 85° C case temperature. A
minimum MTTF of 1 million hours is achieved for
junction temperatures below 247° C.
Tjc = Tcase + Rth * Vde * Icc
MTTF vs. GND Tab Temperature
70 80 90 100 110 120
Tab Temperature (°C)
Specifications and information are subject to change without notice
WJ Communications, Inc • Phone 1-800-WJ1-4401 • FAX: 408-577-6621 • e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org • Web site: www.wj.com
Page 5 of 6 June 2005 Rev. 1