Single Supply/Low Power/256-Tap/2-Wire Bus
April 17, 2007
Dual Digitally-Controlled (XDCP™)
• Dual–Two Separate Potentiometers
• 256 Resistor Taps/Pot–0.4% Resolution
• 2-Wire Serial Interface for Write, Read, and
Transfer Operations of the Potentiometer Single
• Wiper Resistance, 100Ω Typical VCC = 5V
• 4 Nonvolatile Data Registers for Each
• Nonvolatile Storage of Multiple Wiper Positions
• Power-on Recall. Loads Saved Wiper Position
• Standby Current < 5µA Max
• 50kΩ, 100kΩ Versions of End to End Pot
• 100 yr. Data Retention
• Endurance: 100,000 Data Changes per Bit per
• 24-Lead SOIC, 24-Lead TSSOP
• Low Power CMOS
•www.DataSheet4U.com Power Supply VCC = 2.7V to 5.5V
• Pb-Free Plus Anneal Available (RoHS Compliant)
The X9269 integrates 2 digitally controlled
potentiometer (XDCP) on a monolithic CMOS
The digital controlled potentiometer is implemented
using 255 resistive elements in a series array.
Between each element are tap points connected to the
wiper terminal through switches. The position of the
wiper on the array is controlled by the user through the
2-Wire bus interface. Each potentiometer has
associated with it a volatile Wiper Counter Register
(WCR) and a four nonvolatile Data Registers that can
be directly written to and read by the user. The
contents of the WCR controls the position of the wiper
on the resistor array though the switches. Powerup
recalls the contents of the default Data Register (DR0)
to the WCR.
The XDCP can be used as a three-terminal
potentiometer or as a two terminal variable resistor in
a wide variety of applications including control,
parameter adjustments, and signal processing.
RW0 RL0 RW1 RL1
50kΩ or 100kΩ versions
1 CAUTION: These devices are sensitive to electrostatic discharge; follow proper IC Handling Procedures.
1-888-INTERSIL or 1-888-468-3774 | Intersil (and design) is a registered trademark of Intersil Americas Inc.
XDCP is a trademark of Intersil Americas Inc. Copyright Intersil Americas Inc. 2005, 2006, 2007. All Rights Reserved
All other trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners.