1. The product is not authorized for use in life support devices or systems or other applications that pose a
significant risk of personal injury.
2. Since the drive uses glass media for the disk platter, opening of Metal Head Disk Assembly (HDA) may
cause bodily injury. Warranty void in case of opened HDA or any broken HDA seals. Don’t open the HDA
or break any HDA seals.
3. Dropping of the HDD may cause bodily injury. Handle with care.
4. Do not hit the interface connector pins against other objects. Do not make contact with the interface
connector pins. Contact causes pin dent, electrical discharge distraction or contact failure. Also, pins or
www.DataSheet4U.HcoDmA corners may cause bodily injury. Handle with care.
5. Observe Clause 3.3 “Drive Usage Condition Specifications”. Since reliability and product life depends on
usage conditions, please consult our sales or application engineers.
6. Keep usage conditions within specifications (Power Supply, Environment, etc.). If the conditions are not
kept within the specifications, failures may occur.
7. Hot swapping (Power-on swapping) can damage the drive. The drive shall be swapped during Power Off
8. Electro Static Discharge (ESD) can damage the drive. Protect the drive from ESD during handling.
9. Voltage rise time 5 - 100 ms at power on is required for power supply. The power supply voltage must not
be under –0.3V at power off.
10. This product is required over current protection for possible combustion due to circuit or component
failure. Secondary over current protection shall be prepared by the system. The requirement of the
current limitation is max. 10 A for the protection.
11. Improper insertion of connector or wrong jumper setting may cause catastrophic failures. Referring to this
manual prior to the connector insertion or jumper setting can help to insure correct insertion.
12. If a foreign conductive substance (metallic powder, fluid, etc.) adheres to active metal of the drive
(Printed pattern, component lead, etc. on PCBA), it may cause catastrophic failures. Customer should
protect the drive from the above condition.
13. The PCBA side of the drive should be covered with insulation sheet if the active metal of host system
may contact to the PCBA of the drive. If the insulation sheet is not provided for the possible contact of the
live metal, failures may occur.
14. Shock can result in permanent damage to the drive and/or loss of data. Prevent shocks, which is often
incurred by dropping, knocking over, or hitting the drive.
15. To fix the drive, use the size of screws and the torque recommended in this manual. If non-recommended
size screws and torque are used, it may cause catastrophic failures.
16. Do not press top cover. It may cause catastrophic failures. In case of steel plate installation on HDD
cover side, the spacing between HDD cover and steel plate should be kept more than 2 mm. If this
spacing is not kept for the steel plate, it may affect Load/Unload mechanism.
17. Do not push the bottom PCBA of the drive. It may cause catastrophic failures.
Nov 19, 2004