• 700 MHz to 2700 MHz Operating Frequency
• Very Low Noise Floor Performance
• Very Good Sideband and Carrier Suppression
• Supports Wideband Baseband Input
• Very High Linearity
• Very Low LO Leakage
• 50 Ω Impedance on RF and LO Port
• Low LO Drive Requirements
• No External IF Filter
• Supply Voltage 5 V
• Small SSOP16 Package
• Infrastructure Digital Communication Systems
• GSM/TDMA/CDMA2000/W-CDMA/UMTS/ISM Band Transceivers
• RF Radio Links
• Wireless Modem Access Points
• High Performance RF Instrumentation
Electrostatic sensitive device.
Observe precautions for handling.
700 MHz -
The T0790 is a direct quadrature modulator using Atmel’s Silicon-Germanium (SiGe)
This modulator features a frequency range of 700 to 2700 MHz with excellent carrier
and sideband suppression and a very low noise floor. It operates from a single 5 V
supply and provides -11 dBm of power while requiring only 0 dBm input to the inte-
grated LO driver. An RF and an LO amplifier are also included.
The T0790 incorporates internal matching on each RF, IF and LO port to enhance
ease of use and to reduce the external components required. The LO input can be
driven differentially or single ended.
Figure 1. Block Diagram