Sensitive Gate Triacs
Silicon Bidirectional Thyristors
Designed primarily for full-wave AC control applications, such as
light dimmers, motor controls, heating controls and power supplies; or
wherever full-wave silicon gate controlled solid-state devices are
needed. Triac type thyristors switch from a blocking to a conducting
state for either polarity of applied anode voltage with positive or
negative gate triggering.
• Sensitive Gate Triggering Uniquely Compatible for Direct Coupling
to TTL, HTL, CMOS and Operational Amplifier Integrated Circuit
• Gate Triggering: 4 Mode − 2N6071A, B; 2N6073A, B; 2N6075A, B
• Blocking Voltages to 600 V
• All Diffused and Glass Passivated Junctions for Greater Parameter
Uniformity and Stability
• Small, Rugged, Thermopad Construction for Low Thermal
Resistance, High Heat Dissipation and Durability
• Device Marking: Device Type, e.g., 2N6071A, Date Code
4.0 A RMS, 200 − 600 V
x = 1, 3, 5
y = A, B
Y = Year
WW = Work Week
G = Pb−Free Package
See detailed ordering and shipping information in the package
dimensions section on page 7 of this data sheet.
Preferred devices are recommended choices for future use
and best overall value.
*For additional information on our Pb−Free strategy and soldering details, please
download the ON Semiconductor Soldering and Mounting Techniques
Reference Manual, SOLDERRM/D.
© Semiconductor Components Industries, LLC, 2006
April, 2006 − Rev. 7
Publication Order Number: