© Seiko Instruments Inc., 2007-2015
CMOS TEMPERATURE SENSOR IC
The S-58LM20A Series is a high-accuracy temperature sensor IC on a single chip, provides output voltage which is linear
against the temperature change.
Each chip consists of a temperature sensor, a constant current circuit, and an operational amplifier.
The operating ambient temperature is from –55°C to 130°C. This IC has much better linearity than other conventional
temperature sensors such as thermistor, it is possible to achieve the extensive application for temperature control.
• Accuracy against temperature
• Linear output voltage
• Operation in wide range of power supply voltage
• Low current consumption
• Built-in operational amplifier
• Output voltage referred to VSS
• Lead-free, Sn 100%, halogen-free*1
±2.5°C (−55°C to +130°C)
−11.77 mV/°C Typ.
Ta = −30°C： 2.205 V Typ.
Ta = +30°C： 1.515 V Typ.
Ta = +130°C： 0.303 V Typ.
±0.4% Typ. (−20 to +80°C)
VDD = 2.4 to 5.5 V (−30°C to +130°C)
VDD = 2.7 to 5.5 V (−55°C to +130°C)
4.5 μA Typ. (+25°C) 6.0 μA Max. (−55°C to +130°C)
*1. Refer to “ Product Name Structure” for details.
• Compensation of high-frequency circuits such as cellular phones and radio equipment
• Compensation of oscillation frequency in crystal oscillator
• LCD contrast compensation
• Compensation of amplifier gain
• Compensation of auto focus circuits
• Temperature detection in battery management
• Overheating prevention for charged batteries or halogen lights
Seiko Instruments Inc.