60-Bit VFD Tube Driver with Digital Dimming and PWM Conversion Function
The MSC1201-xx is a 1/2 duty vacuum fluorescent display tube driver implemented in Bi-CMOS
technology. This LSI consists of 64-bit shift registers, 64 latches, PWM conversion circuit, a digital
dimming circuit, 30-segment driver and 2-grid driver. As the MSC1201-xx has both a digital
dimming circuit and a PWM conversion circuit which converts PWM signal for lamp dimming
control to PWM signal for VFD tube dimming control, the dimming control can be realized
without any external circuit.
The interface with a MCU can be done only with 3 wires (CS, DATA and CLOCK signals). Also,
DATA and CLOCK signal lines can be shared with other peripherals because of chip select
function by CS signal.
For the general purpose code, the code number is -01. (Product name: MSC1201-01GS-2K)
For a custom code, the code number will be ordered at any time.
• Single supply voltage : VDD = 8 V to 18 V (built-in 5 V logic regurator)
• Operating temperature range : Ta = –40°C to +85°C
• 30-segment driver outputs (IOH = –6 mA at VOH = VDD – 0.8 V)
• 2-grid pre-driver outputs (IOH = –30 mA at VOH = VDD – 0.8 V)
• Built-in digital dimming circuit (11-bit resolution)
• Built-in oscillation circuit (external R and C, fOSC = 2.0 MHz)
• Built-in Power-On-Reset circuit.
• Lamp PWM signal Æ Buil-in PWM conversion circuit for vacuum fluorescent display tube.
• Built-in RC Oscillation (external R and C)
• Correspondence between shift register and output segment is settable optionally using built
in mask programmable 30 ¥ 30 PLA.
• Package :
44-pin plastic QFP (QFP44–P–910-0.80–2K)(Product name: MSC1201-xxGS-2K)
xx indicates the code number