Flexible Double-Ended Voltage-Mode PWM Controller
with Voltage Feed Forward
The ISL6740A is an enhanced ISL6740 PWM controller
featuring built-in voltage feed forward functionality. It is pin
and feature compatible with the ISL6740 double-ended pulse
width modulating (PWM) voltage-mode controller, allowing
easy drop-in replacement on existing designs.
Voltage feed forward compensates for input voltage variation
without intervention of the feedback control loop. It is
particularly useful in unregulated bus converters and DC
transformers where wide input voltage variation would
otherwise result in large output voltage swings.
In addition to voltage feed forward compensation, the
ISL6740A features an extremely flexible oscillator that allows
precise control of frequency, duty cycle, and deadtime.
Deadtimes of under 40ns are easily achievable.
This advanced BiCMOS design features low operating current,
adjustable switching frequency up to 1MHz, adjustable
soft-start, internal and external over-temperature protection,
fault annunciation, and a bidirectional SYNC signal that allows
the oscillator to be locked to paralleled units or to an external
clock for noise sensitive applications.
(Notes 1, 2, 3)
MARKING RANGE (°C)
ISL6740AIVZA 6740 AIVZ -40 to +105 16 Ld TSSOP M16.173
1. Add “-T*” suffix for tape and reel. Please refer to TB347 for details
on reel specifications.
2. These Intersil Pb-free plastic packaged products employ special Pb-
free material sets, molding compounds/die attach materials, and
100% matte tin plate plus anneal (e3 termination finish, which is
RoHS compliant and compatible with both SnPb and Pb-free
soldering operations). Intersil Pb-free products are MSL classified
at Pb-free peak reflow temperatures that meet or exceed the Pb-
free requirements of IPC/JEDEC J STD-020.
3. For Moisture Sensitivity Level (MSL), please see device information
page for ISL6740A. For more information on MSL please see
• Input Voltage Feed Forward Compensation
• Precision Duty Cycle and Deadtime Control
• Adjustable Delayed Overcurrent Shutdown and Re-Start
• Adjustable Short Circuit Shutdown and Re-Start
• Adjustable Oscillator Frequency Up to 2MHz
• Bidirectional Synchronization
• Adjustable Input Undervoltage Lockout/Inhibit
• Tight Tolerance Voltage Reference Over Line, Load, and
• Adjustable Soft-Start
• Fault Signal
• 95µA Startup Current
• Internal Over-Temperature Protection
• System Over-Temperature Protection Using a Thermistor or
• Pb-free and ELV, WEEE, RoHS Compliant
• Telecom and Datacom Power
• Wireless Base Station Power
• File Server Power
• Industrial Power Systems
• DC Transformers and Bus Converters
(16 LD TSSOP)
February 9, 2012
CAUTION: These devices are sensitive to electrostatic discharge; follow proper IC Handling Procedures.
1-888-INTERSIL or 1-888-468-3774 |Copyright Intersil Americas Inc. 2005, 2011, 2012. All Rights Reserved
Intersil (and design) is a trademark owned by Intersil Corporation or one of its subsidiaries.
All other trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners.