July 25, 2005
Advanced Double-Ended PWM Controller
The ISL6742 is a high-performance double-ended PWM
controller with advanced synchronous rectifier control and
current limit features. It is suitable for both current- and
voltage-mode control methods.
The ISL6742 includes complemented PWM outputs for
synchronous rectifier (SR) control. The complemented
outputs may be dynamically advanced or delayed relative to
the main outputs using an external control voltage.
Its advanced current sensing circuitry employs sample and
hold methods to provide a precise average current signal.
Suitable for average current limiting, a technique which
virtually eliminates the current tail-out common to peak
current limiting methods, it is also applicable to current
sharing circuits and average current mode control.
This advanced BiCMOS design features an adjustable
oscillator frequency up to 2MHz, internal over-temperature
protection, precision deadtime control, and short
propagation delays. Additionally, Multi-Pulse Suppression
ensures alternating output pulses at low duty cycles where
pulse skipping may occur.
-40 to 105
16 Ld QSOP M16.15A
Add -T suffix to part number for tape and reel packaging
NOTE: Intersil Pb-free products employ special Pb-free material
sets; molding compounds/die attach materials and 100% matte tin
plate termination finish, which are RoHS compliant and compatible
with both SnPb and Pb-free soldering operations. Intersil Pb-free
products are MSL classified at Pb-free peak reflow temperatures that
meet or exceed the Pb-free requirements of IPC/JEDEC J STD-020.
• Synchronous Rectifier Control Outputs with Adjustable
• Adjustable Average Current Signal
• 3% Tolerance Cycle-by-Cycle Peak Current Limit
• Fast Current Sense to Output Delay
• Adjustable Oscillator Frequency Up to 2MHz
• Adjustable Deadtime Control
• Voltage- or Current-Mode Operation
• Separate RAMP and CS Inputs for Voltage Feed Forward
or Current-Mode Applications
• Tight Tolerance Error Amplifier Reference Over Line,
Load, and Temperature
• 175µA Start-up Current
• Supply UVLO
• Adjustable Soft-Start
• 70ns Leading Edge Blanking
• Multi-Pulse Suppression
• Internal Over Temperature Protection
• Pb-free and ELV, WEEE, RoHS Compliant
• Half-Bridge, Full-Bridge, Interleaved Forward, and Push-
• Telecom and Datacom Power
• Wireless Base Station Power
• File Server Power
• Industrial Power Systems
CAUTION: These devices are sensitive to electrostatic discharge; follow proper IC Handling Procedures.
1-888-INTERSIL or 1-888-468-3774 | Intersil (and design) is a registered trademark of Intersil Americas Inc.
Copyright Intersil Americas Inc. 2005. All Rights Reserved
All other trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners.