ABSOLUTE MAXIMUM RATINGS*
Temperature Under Bias
–55°C to +125°C
Storage Temperature ....................... –65°C to +150°C
Voltage on Any Pin with
Respect to Ground(1) ........... –2.0V to +VCC + 2.0V
VCC with Respect to Ground ............... –2.0V to +7.0V
Package Power Dissipation
Capability (TA = 25°C) ................................... 1.0W
Lead Soldering Temperature (10 secs) ............ 300°C
Output Short Circuit Current(2) ........................ 100mA
Stresses above those listed under “Absolute Maximum
Ratings” may cause permanent damage to the device.
These are stress ratings only, and functional operation of
the device at these or any other conditions outside of those
listed in the operational sections of this specification is not
implied. Exposure to any absolute maximum rating for
extended periods may affect device performance and
Reference Test Method
MIL-STD-883, Test Method 1033 1,000,000
MIL-STD-883, Test Method 1008 100
ESD Susceptibility MIL-STD-883, Test Method 3015 2000
JEDEC Standard 17
D.C. OPERATING CHARACTERISTICS
VCC = +1.8V to +6.0V, unless otherwise specified.
ICC Power Supply Current (Read)
fSCL = 100 kHz
Power Supply Current (Write)
Standby Current (VCC = 5.0V)
fSCL = 100 kHz
VIN = GND or VCC
ILI Input Leakage Current
VIN = GND to VCC
ILO Output Leakage Current
VOUT = GND to VCC
VIL Input Low Voltage
VCC x 0.3
VIH Input High Voltage
VCC x 0.7
VCC + 0.5 V
VOL1 Output Low Voltage (VCC = 3.0V)
IOL = 3 mA
VOL2 Output Low Voltage (VCC = 1.8V)
IOL = 1.5 mA
CAPACITANCE TA = 25°C, f = 1.0 MHz, VCC = 5V
Test Conditions Min Typ Max Units
CI/O(3) Input/Output Capacitance (SDA)
VI/O = 0V
www.DaCtaINSh(3e)et4UI.ncopmut Capacitance (A0, A1, A2, SCL)
VIN = 0V
(1) The minimum DC input voltage is –0.5V. During transitions, inputs may undershoot to –2.0V for periods of less than 20 ns. Maximum DC
voltage on output pins is VCC +0.5V, which may overshoot to VCC + 2.0V for periods of less than 20ns.
(2) Output shorted for no more than one second. No more than one output shorted at a time.
(3) This parameter is tested initially and after a design or process change that affects the parameter.
(4) Latch-up protection is provided for stresses up to 100 mA on address and data pins from –1V to VCC +1V.
(5) Standby Current (ISB) = 0µA (<900nA).
Doc. No. 1025, Rev. E