AU OPTRONICS CORPORATION
1. Handling Precautions
1) Since front polarizer is easily damaged, pay attention not to scratch it.
2) Be sure to turn off power supply when inserting or disconnecting from input connector.
3) Wipe off water drop immediately. Long contact with water may cause discoloration or spots.
4) When the panel surface is soiled, wipe it with absorbent cotton or other soft cloth.
5) Since the panel is made of glass, it may break or crack if dropped or bumped on hard surface.
6) Since CMOS LSI is used in this module, take care of static electricity and insure human earth when
7) Do not open or modify the Module Assembly.
8) Do not press the reflector sheet at the back of the module to any directions.
9) In case if a Module has to be put back into the packing container slot after once it was taken out
from the container, do not press the center of the CCFL reflector edge. Instead, press at the far
ends of the CCFL Reflector edge softly. Otherwise the TFT Module may be damaged.
10) At the insertion or removal of the Signal Interface Connector, be sure not to rotate nor tilt the
Interface Connector of the TFT Module.
11) After installation of the TFT Module into an enclosure, do not twist nor bend the TFT Module even
momentary. At designing the enclosure, it should be taken into consideration that no
bending/twisting forces are applied to the TFT Module from outside. Otherwise the TFT Module
may be damaged.
12) Cold cathode fluorescent lamp in LCD contains a small amount of mercury. Please follow local
ordinances or regulations for disposal.
13) Small amount of materials having no flammability grade is used in the LCD module. The LCD module
should be supplied by power complied with requirements of Limited Power Source (IEC60950 or
UL1950), or be applied exemption.
14) The LCD module is designed so that the CCFL in it is supplied by Limited Current Circuit (IEC60950 or
UL1950). Do not connect the CCFL in Hazardous Voltage Circuit.