Rad Hard and SEE Hard 6A Synchronous Buck Regulator
The ISL70001ASEH is a radiation hardened and SEE hardened
high efficiency monolithic synchronous buck regulator with
integrated MOSFETs. This single chip power solution operates
over an input voltage range of 3V to 5.5V and provides a tightly
regulated output voltage that is externally adjustable from 0.8V
to ~85% of the input voltage. Output load current capacity is 6A
for TJ < +145°C.
The ISL70001ASEH utilizes peak current-mode control for
excellent output load transient response and features integrated
compensation and switches at a fixed frequency of 1MHz to
reduce component size and count. In application where two POLs
are needed, two ISL70001ASEH devices can be synchronized
180° out-of-phase to reduce the overall input RMS ripple current.
The internal synchronous power switches are optimized for high
efficiency and good thermal performance.
The ISL70001ASEH incorporates fault protection for the
regulator. The protection circuits include input undervoltage,
output undervoltage, and output overcurrent.
High integration and class leading radiation tolerance makes
the ISL70001ASEH an ideal choice to power many of today’s
small form factor applications. Two devices can be
synchronized to provide a complete power solution for large
scale digital ICs, like field programmable gate arrays (FPGAs),
that require separate core and I/O voltages.
• FPGA, CPLD, DSP, CPU Core or I/O Voltages
• Low-Voltage, High-Density Distributed Power Systems
• ISL70001ASEHEV1Z Evaluation Board, AN1842
• ±1% Reference Voltage Over Line, Load, Temperature and
• Current Mode Control for Excellent Dynamic Response
• Full Mil-Temp Range Operation (TA = -55°C to +125°C)
• 50% Lower Shutdown Supply Current than the ISL70001SEH
• Available in a thermally enhanced heatsink package - R48.B
• Highly Efficient: 94% Peak Efficiency
• Operates from 3V to 5.5V Supply
• Adjustable Output Voltage
- Two External Resistors Set VOUT from 0.8V to ~85% of VIN
• Bi-directional SYNC Pin Allows Two Devices to be Synchronized
• Power-Good Output Voltage Monitor
• Adjustable Analog Soft-Start
• Input Undervoltage, Output Undervoltage and Output
• Electrically Screened to DLA SMD 5962-09225
• QML Qualified per MIL-PRF-38535 Requirements
• Radiation Hardness
- Total Dose [50-300rad(Si)/s] . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 100krad(Si)
- Total Dose [<10mrad(Si)/s] . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 100krad(Si)*
* Product capability established by initial characterization. The
EH version is acceptance tested on a wafer-by-wafer basis to
50krad(Si) at low dose rate.
• SEE Hardness
- SEL and SEB LETeff . . . . . . . . . . . . 86.4MeV/mg/cm2 min
- SEFI X-section (LETeff = 86.4MeV/mg/cm2) 1.4 x 10-6 cm2
- SET LETeff (< 1 Pulse Perturbation) 86.4MeV/mg/cm2 min
FIGURE 1. TYPICAL APPLICATION
LOAD CURRENT (A)
FIGURE 2. EFFICIENCY 5V INPUT, TA = +25°C
May 22, 2013
CAUTION: These devices are sensitive to electrostatic discharge; follow proper IC Handling Procedures.
1-888-INTERSIL or 1-888-468-3774 |Copyright Intersil Americas LLC 2013. All Rights Reserved
Intersil (and design) is a trademark owned by Intersil Corporation or one of its subsidiaries.
All other trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners.
datasheet pdf - http://www.DataSheet4U.net/