Absolute Maximum Ratings
DC Forward Current at Tjmax=100°C 
DC Forward Current at Tjmax=125°C 
Peak Pulsed Forward Current
Allowable Reflow Cycles
See Note 3
-40 ~ +125
121°C at 2 ATM,
100% RH for 168 hours
> 8,000 V HBM
Class 3B JESD22-A114-D
Notes for Table 4:
1. Maximum DC forward current (per die) is determined by the overall thermal resistance and ambient temperature.
Follow the curves in Figure 10 for current derating.
2: Pulse forward current conditions: Pulse Width≤ 10msec and Duty Cycle ≤ 10%.
3. LEDs are not designed to be reverse biased.
4. Solder conditions per JEDEC 020D. See Reflow Soldering Profile Figure 3.
5. Autoclave Conditions per JEDEC JESD22-A102-C.
6. LED Engin recommends taking reasonable precautions towards possible ESD damages and handling the LZ4-00A100
in an electrostatic protected area (EPA). An EPA may be adequately protected by ESD controls as outlined in ANSI/ESD S6.1.
Optical Characteristics @ TC = 25°C
Luminous Flux (@ IF = 700mA)
Luminous Flux (@ IF = 1000mA)
Total Included Angle
Notes for Table 5:
1. Luminous flux typical value is for all four LED dice operating concurrently at rated current.
2. Amber LEDs have a significant shift in wavelength over temperature; please refer to Figure 6 for details. Caution must be exercised if designing to meet a
regulated color space due to this behavior as product may shift out of legal color space under elevated temperatures.
3. Viewing Angle is the off axis angle from emitter centerline where the luminous intensity is ½ of the peak value.
4. Total Included Angle is the total angle that includes 90% of the total luminous flux.
Electrical Characteristics @ TC = 25°C
Forward Voltage (@ IF = 700mA)
Forward Voltage (@ IF = 1000mA)
of Forward Voltage
(Junction to Case)
Notes for Table 6:
1. Forward Voltage typical value is for all four LED dice connected in series.
LED Engin | 651 River Oaks Parkway | San Jose, CA 95134 USA | ph +1 408 922 7200 | fax +1 408 922 0158 | em email@example.com | www.ledengin.com