1)Requirement on output load
To ensure this module can operate efficiently and reliably, During operation, the minimum output load could not be less than 10% of the full load.
If the actual output power is very small, please connect a resistor with proper resistance at the output end in parallel to increase the load.
If you want to further decrease the input/output ripple, an “LC” filtering network may be connected to the input and output ends of the DC/DC
converter, see (Figure 1).
It should also be noted that the inductance and the frequency of the “LC” filtering network should be staggered with the DC/DC frequency to avoid
mutual interference. However, the capacitance of the output filter capacitor must be proper. If the capacitance is too big, a startup problem might
arise. For every channel of output, provided the safe and reliable operation is ensured, the greatest capacitance of its filter capacitor sees (Table 1).
EXTERNAL CAPACITOR TABLE (TABLE 1)
(VDC) (μF) (VDC) (μF)
5 4.7 3.3 / 5 10
12 4.7 9 4.7
15 2.2 12 2.2
24 1 15 1
-- -- 24 0.47
It’s not recommend to connect any external capacitor in the application field with less than 0.5 watt output.
Under normal operating conditions, the output circuit of these products has no protection against over-current and short-circuits. The simplest
method is to connect a self-recovery fuse in series at the input end or add a circuit breaker to the circuit.
4)Input Over-voltage Protection Circuit
The simplest device for input over-voltage protection is a linear voltage regulator with overheat protection that is connected to the input end in
series (Figure 2).
5)When the environment temperature is higher than 71°C, the product output power should be less then 60% of the rated power.
6)It is not recommended to increase the output power capability by connecting two or more converters in parallel. The product is not
1. Operation under minimum load will not damage the converter; However, they may not meet all specifications.
2. Max. Capacitive Load is tested at nominal input voltage and full load.
3. Unless otherwise noted, All specifications are measured at Ta=25°C, humidity<75%, nominal input voltage and rated output load.
4. In this datasheet, all test methods are based on our corporate standards.
5. All characteristics are for listed models, and non-standard models may perform differently. Please contact our technical support for more detail.
6. Please contact our technical support for any specific requirement.
7. Specifications of this product are subject to changes without prior notice.
MORNSUN Science & Technology Co.,Ltd.
Address: No. 5, Kehui St. 1, Kehui development center, Science Ave., Guangzhou Science City, Luogang district, Guangzhou,P.R.China.
The copyright and authority for the interpretation of the products are reserved by MORNSUN IB_LD-1W & IB_LS-1W 2013.11.21-B/2 Page 4 of 4