1.0 Handling Precautions
• If any signal or power line deviates from the power on/off sequence, it may cause shortening the life of
the LCD module and/or damage the electrical components. Also, hot plug-in operation may cause the
similar damages as above.
• The LCD panel and the CCFL (Cold Cathode Fluorescent Lamp)s are made of glass and may break or
crack if dropped on a hard surface. Handling with care is necessary.
• The fluorescent lamp in the liquid crystal display (LCD) contains mercury. Do not put it in trash that is
disposed of in landfills. Dispose of it as required by local ordinances or regulations.
• Small amount of materials having no flammability grade is used in the LCD module. The LCD module should
be applied to exemption conditions of the flammability requirements (18.104.22.168, EN60950 or UL1950) in an end
• Please handle with care when mounted in the system cover. Mechanical damage for the lamp cable / lamp
connector may cause safety problems.
• After installation of the TFT Module into an enclosure (Monitor frame, for example), do not twist nor bent the
TFT Module even momentary. At designing the enclosure, it should be taken into consideration that no
bending/ twisting forces are applied to the TFT Module from out side. Otherwise the TFT Module may be
• Since CMOS LSI is used in this module, take care of static electricity and insure human earth when handling.
• Also, when removing a protection sheet from the module surface, please take some actions against static
electricity, like earth band, ionic shower, etc.
• Since front polarizer is easily damaged, pay attention not to scratch it.
• Wipe off water drop immediately. Long contact with water may cause discoloration or spots.
• When the panel surface is soiled, wipe it with absorbent cotton or other soft cloth.
• Do not open nor modify the Module Assembly.
• Prevent continuous 10 hours or over same pattern displaying, to avoid image sticking.
O The information contained herein is presented only as a guide for the applications of our
products. No responsibility is assumed by International Display Technology for any
infringements of patents or other right of the third partied which may result from its use. No
license is granted by implication or otherwise under any patent or patent rights of International
Display Technology or others.
O The information contained herein may be changed without prior notice. It is therefore
advisable to contact International Display Technology before proceeding with the design of
equipment incorporationg this product.
(C) Copyright International Display Technology 2002 All Rights reserved.