1) Requirement on output load
To ensure this module can operate efficiently and reliably, During operation, the minimum output load could not be less than 10% of the full load.
If the actual output power is very small, please connect a resistor with proper resistance at the output end in parallel to increase the load, or use our
company’s products with a lower rated output power (A_S -W25/B_LS-W25 series).
2) Overload Protection
Under normal operating conditions, the output circuit of these products has no protection against overload. The simplest method is add a circuit
breaker to the circuit.
3) Recommended circuit
If you want to further decrease the input/output ripple, an capacitor filtering network may be connected to the input and output ends of the DC/DC
converter, see (Figure 2).
It should also be noted that the capacitance of filter capacitor must be proper. If the capacitance is too big, a startup problem might arise. For every
channel of output, provided the safe and reliable operation is ensured, the recommended capacitance of its filter capacitor sees (Table 1).
Dual O utput
EXTERNAL CAPACITOR TABLE (TABLE 1)
Vin Cin Single Cout Dual Cout#
(VDC) (µF) Vout (µF) Vout (µF)
3.3/5 4.7 3.3/5/6 10 ±5 4.7
12 2.2 7.2/9 4.7 ±9 2.2
15 2.2 12 2.2 ±12
24 1 15 1 ±15 0.47
- - 24 1 ±24 0.47
Note: # For each output. It’s not recommended to connect any external capacitor in the application field with less than 0.5 watt output.
4) Output Voltage Regulation and Over-voltage Protection Circuit
The simplest device for output voltage regulation, over-voltage and over-current protection is a linear regulator and an capacitor filtering network
with overheat protection that is connected to the input or output end in series (Figure 3), the recommended capacitance of its filter capacitor sees
(Table 1), linear regulator based on the actual voltage and current to reasonable selection.
5) Cannot use in parallel and hot swap
1. Operation under minimum load will not damage the converter; However, they may not meet all specification listed.
2. Max. Capacitive Load tested at input voltage range and full load.
3. All date in the datasheet are measured according to nominal input voltage, rated output load, TA=25℃, humidity<75%, unless otherwise specified.
4. In this datasheet, all the test methods of indications are based on our corporate standards.
5. The performance in the datasheet is just fit for the part number in the selection guide, and may be different from the customer-designed product, you
can get more details from MORNSUN FAE.
6. Contact us for your specific requirement.
7. Specifications subject to change without prior notice.
MORNSUN Science & Technology Co.,Ltd.
Address: No. 5, Kehui St. 1, Kehui development center, Science Ave., Guangzhou Science City, Luogang district, Guangzhou,P.R.China.
The copyright and authority for the interpretation of the products are reserved by MORNSUN
A_S-1W&B_LS-1W B/2-2014 Page 5 of 5