© Seiko Instruments Inc., 2002-2015
CMOS TEMPERATURE SENSOR IC
The S-8110C/8120C Series is a family of high-precision temperature sensor ICs on a single chip with a linear
output voltage for temperature changes.
Each chip is composed of a temperature sensor, a constant current circuit, and an operational amplifier.
It can be used at temperatures ranging from −40°C to +100°C. These devices have much better linearity than
other temperature sensors such as thermistors, and can be used for a wide range of temperature control
• Temperature accuracy
S-8110C Series: ±5.0°C (–30°C to +100°C)
S-8120C Series: ±2.5°C (–30°C to +100°C)
• Linear output voltage
–8.20 mV/°C typ.
Ta = −30°C: 1.951 V typ.
Ta = +30°C: 1.474 V typ.
Ta = +100°C: 0.882 V typ.
±0.5% typ. (−20°C to +80°C)
• Wide power supply voltage operation VDD = 2.4 V to 10.0 V
• Low current consumption
4.5 μA typ. (+25°C)
• Built-in operational amplifier
• VSS standard output
• Lead-free, Sn 100%, halogen-free*1
*1. Refer to “ Product Name Structure” for details.
• Compensation of high-frequency circuits such as cellular phones and radio equipment
• Compensation of oscillation frequency in crystal oscillator
• LCD contrast compensation
• Compensation of amplifier gain
• Compensation of auto focus circuits
• Temperature detection in battery management
• Overheating prevention for charged batteries or halogen lights
Seiko Instruments Inc.