1.0 Handling Precautions
1) Since front polarizer is easily damaged, pay attention not to scratch it.
2) Be sure to turn off power supply when inserting or disconnecting from input connector.
3) Wipe off water drop immediately. Long contact with water may cause discoloration or spots.
4) When the panel surface is soiled, wipe it with absorbent cotton or other soft cloth.
5) Since the panel is made of glass, it may break or crack if dropped or bumped on hard surface.
6) Since CMOS LSI is used in this module, take care of static electricity and insure human earth
7) Do not open nor modify the Module Assembly.
8) Do not press the reflector sheet at the back of the module to any directions.
9) In case if a Module has to be put back into the packing container slot after once it was taken out
from the container, do not press the center of the CFL Reflector edge.
Instead, press at the far ends of the CFL Reflector edge softly. Otherwise the TFT Module may
10) At the insertion or removal of the Signal Interface Connector, be sure not to rotate nor tilt the
Interface Connector of the TFT Module.
11) After installation of the TFT Module into an enclosure ( Notebook PC Bezel, for example),
do not twist nor bent the TFT Module even momentary. At designing the
enclosure, it should be taken into consideration that no bending/twisting forces are applied
to the TFT Module from outside. Otherwise the TFT Module may be damaged.
12) The fluorescent lamp in the liquid crystal display (LCD) contains mercury. Do not put it in trash that is
disposed of in landfills. Dispose of it as required by local ordinances or regulations.
13) Small amount of materials having no flammability grade is used in the LCD module.
The LCD module should be supplied by power complied with requirements of
Limited Power Source (2.5, IEC60950 or UL60950), or be applied exemption
conditions of flammability requirements (184.108.40.206, IEC60950 or UL60950) in an end product.
14) The LCD module is designed so that the CFL in it is supplied by Limited Current Circuit
(2.4, IEC60950 or UL60950). Do not connect the CFL in Hazardous Voltage Circuit.
15) Gently wipe the covers and the screen with a soft cloth.
16) Remove finger marks and grease with a damp cloth and mild detergent; do not use solvents or abrasives.
17) Never apply detergent or other liquid directly to the screen. Dampen the cloth and then wipe.
O The information contained herein is presented only as a guide for the applications of our
products. No responsibility is assumed by International Display Technology for any
infringements of patents or other right of the third partied which may result from its use. No
license is granted by implication or otherwise under any patent or patent rights of International
Display Technology or others.
O The information contained herein may be changed without prior notice. It is therefore
advisable to contact International Display Technology before proceeding with the design of
equipment incorporationg this product.
(C) Copyright International Display Technology 2002 All Rights reserved.