Low Voltage/Low Power
CMOS 16-Bit Microcontroller
1. Outline and Device Characteristics
The TMP93PW20A is OTP type MCU which includes 128 Kbytes one-time PROM. Using the
adapter-socket, you can write and verify the data for the TMP93CS20 by general EPROM
The TMP93PW20A has the same pin-assignment as the TMP93CS20 (Mask ROM type).
Writing the program to built-in PROM, the TMP93PW20A operates as the same way as the
There are differences in the memory mapping area and the memory capacity of the internal
PROM and RAM between the TMP93PW20A and the TMP93CS20. The internal PROM of the
TMP93PW20A is 128 Kbytes, and the internal RAM is 4 Kbytes. The internal ROM of the
TMP93CS20 is 64 Kbytes, and the internal RAM is 2 Kbytes. Memory maps are described as
• The information contained herein is subject to change without notice.
• The information contained herein is presented only as a guide for the applications of our products. No responsibility is assumed by
TOSHIBA for any infringements of patents or other rights of the third parties which may result from its use. No license is granted by
implication or otherwise under any patent or patent rights of TOSHIBA or others.
• TOSHIBA is continually working to improve the quality and reliability of its products. Nevertheless, semiconductor devices in general
can malfunction or fail due to their inherent electrical sensitivity and vulnerability to physical stress. It is the responsibility of the buyer,
when utilizing TOSHIBA products, to comply with the standards of safety in making a safe design for the entire system, and to avoid
situations in which a malfunction or failure of such TOSHIBA products could cause loss of human life, bodily injury or damage to
In developing your designs, please ensure that TOSHIBA products are used within specified operating ranges as set forth in the
most recent TOSHIBA products specifications. Also, please keep in mind the precautions and conditions set forth in the “Handling
Guide for Semiconductor Devices,” or “TOSHIBA Semiconductor Reliability Handbook” etc..
• The TOSHIBA products listed in this document are intended for usage in general electronics applications (computer, personal
equipment, office equipment, measuring equipment, industrial robotics, domestic appliances, etc.). These TOSHIBA products are
neither intended nor warranted for usage in equipment that requires extraordinarily high quality and/or reliability or a malfunctionor
failure of which may cause loss of human life or bodily injury (“Unintended Usage”). Unintended Usage include atomic energy control
instruments, airplane or spaceship instruments, transportation instruments, traffic signal instruments, combustion control
instruments, medical instruments, all types of safety devices, etc.. Unintended Usage of TOSHIBA products listed in this document
shall be made at the customer’s own risk.
• The products described in this document are subject to the foreign exchange and foreign trade laws.
• TOSHIBA products should not be embedded to the downstream products which are prohibited to be produced and sold, under any
law and regulations.
• For a discussion of how the reliability of microcontrollers can be predicted, please refer to Section 1.3 of the chapter entitled Quality
and Reliability Assurance/Handling Precautions.
Purchase of TOSHIBA I2C components conveys a license under the Philips I2C Patent Rights to use
these components in an I2C system, provided that the system conforms to the I2C Standard
Specification as defined by Philips.