EEPROM is a trademark of NEC Electronics Corporation.
Windows and Windows NT are registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United
States and/or other countries.
PC/AT is a trademark of International Business Machines Corporation.
HP9000 series 700 and HP-UX are trademarks of Hewlett-Packard Company.
SPARCstation is a trademark of SPARC International, Inc.
Solaris and SunOS are trademarks of Sun Microsystems, Inc.
SuperFlash is a registered trademark of Silicon Storage Technology, Inc. in several countries including the
United States and Japan.
Caution: This product uses SuperFlash® technology licensed from Silicon Storage Technology, Inc.
• The information contained in this document is being issued in advance of the production cycle for the
product. The parameters for the product may change before final production or NEC Electronics
Corporation, at its own discretion, may withdraw the product prior to its production.
• Not all products and/or types are available in every country. Please check with an NEC Electronics sales
representative for availability and additional information.
• No part of this document may be copied or reproduced in any form or by any means without the prior written consent
of NEC Electronics. NEC Electronics assumes no responsibility for any errors that may appear in this document.
• NEC Electronics does not assume any liability for infringement of patents, copyrights or other intellectual property
rights of third parties by or arising from the use of NEC Electronics products listed in this document or any other
liability arising from the use of such products. No license, express, implied or otherwise, is granted under any
patents, copyrights or other intellectual property rights of NEC Electronics or others.
• Descriptions of circuits, software and other related information in this document are provided for illustrative purposes
in semiconductor product operation and application examples. The incorporation of these circuits, software and
information in the design of a customer's equipment shall be done under the full responsibility of the customer. NEC
Electronics assumes no responsibility for any losses incurred by customers or third parties arising from the use of
these circuits, software and information.
• While NEC Electronics endeavors to enhance the quality, reliability and safety of NEC Electronics products,
customers agree and acknowledge that the possibility of defects thereof cannot be eliminated entirely. To minimize
risks of damage to property or injury (including death) to persons arising from defects in NEC Electronics products,
customers must incorporate sufficient safety measures in their design, such as redundancy, fire-containment and
• NEC Electronics products are classified into the following three quality grades: "Standard", "Special" and "Specific".
The "Specific" quality grade applies only to NEC Electronics products developed based on a customer-designated
"quality assurance program" for a specific application. The recommended applications of an NEC Electronics
products depend on its quality grade, as indicated below. Customers must check the quality grade of each NEC
Electronics product before using it in a particular application.
"Standard": Computers, office equipment, communications equipment, test and measurement equipment, audio and
visual equipment, home electronic appliances, machine tools, personal electronic equipment and
"Special": Transportation equipment (automobiles, trains, ships, etc.), traffic control systems, anti-disaster
systems, anti-crime systems, safety equipment and medical equipment (not specifically designed for life
"Specific": Aircraft, aerospace equipment, submersible repeaters, nuclear reactor control systems, life support
systems and medical equipment for life support, etc.
The quality grade of NEC Electronics products is "Standard" unless otherwise expressly specified in NEC
Electronics data sheets or data books, etc. If customers wish to use NEC Electronics products in applications
not intended by NEC Electronics, they must contact an NEC Electronics sales representative in advance to
determine NEC Electronics' willingness to support a given application.
(1) "NEC Electronics" as used in this statement means NEC Electronics Corporation and also includes its
(2) "NEC Electronics products" means any product developed or manufactured by or for NEC Electronics (as
M5D 02. 11-1
4 Preliminary User’s Manual U17312EJ2V1UD
Free Datasheet http://www.Datasheet4U.com