AU OPTRONICS CORPORATION
1. Handling Precautions
1) Since front polarizer is easily damaged, pay attention not to scratch it.
2) Be sure to turn off power supply when inserting or disconnecting from input connector.
3) Wipe off water drop immediately. Long contact with water may cause discoloration or
4) When the panel surface is soiled, wipe it with absorbent cotton or other soft cloth.
5) Since the panel is made of glass, it may break or crack if dropped or bumped on hard
6) Since CMOS LSI is used in this module, take care of static electricity and insure human
earth when handling.
7) Do not open nor modify the Module Assembly.
8) Do not press the reflector sheet at the back of the module to any directions.
9) At the insertion or removal of the Signal Interface Connector, be sure not to rotate nor tilt
the Interface Connector of the TFT Module.
11)After installation of the TFT Module into an enclosure (Notebook PC Bezel, for example),
do not twist nor bend the TFT Module even momentary. At designing the enclosure, it
should be taken into consideration that no bending/twisting forces are applied to the TFT
Module from outside. Otherwise the TFT Module may be damaged.
12)Small amount of materials having no flammability grade is used in the LCD module. The LCD
module should be supplied by power complied with requirements of Limited Power Source
(IEC60950 or UL1950), or be applied exemption.
13)Disconnecting power supply before handling LCD modules, it can prevent electric shock, DO
NOT TOUCH the electrode parts, cables, connectors and LED circuit part of TFT module that a
LED light bar build in as a light source of back light unit. It can prevent electrostic breakdown.
B116HAN03.2 Document Version : 0.1
4 of 33