Ordering number : ENA1625B
Constant-current Driver IC
The LV8498CT is a constant current driver IC for voice coil motors that supports I2C control integrating a
digital/analog converter (DAC). It uses an ultraminiature WLP package and includes a current detection resistor for
constant current control, which makes the IC ideal for miniaturization of camera modules intended for use in
camera-equipped mobile phones. The output transistor has a low on-resistance of 1Ω and the resistance of the built-in
current detection resistor is 1Ω, which minimizes the voltage loss and helps withstand voltage drop in VCC. The
function is incorporated, which, by changing the current in a stepped pattern while taking time at rise and fall of the
output current, provides the current a slope, improving the converging stability of the voice coil motor (current slope
• Constant current driver for voice coil motors.
• I2C bus control supported.
• Constant current control enabled by DAC (10 bits).
• Wide operating voltage range (2.2 to 5.0V).
• Built-in current detection resistor.
• 6-pin WLP package used (1.27 × 0.87 × 0.25mm).
• Built-in voltage drop protection circuit (VCC = 2V output off).
• Built-in thermal protection circuit.
• Low output block total-resistance of 2Ω helps withstand voltage drop in VCC. (Current detection resistance + output
• Built-in VCM overshoot preventive function (current slope function).
Absolute Maximum Ratings at Ta = 25°C
Maximum supply voltage
GND pin source current
Allowable power dissipation
SCL, SDA, ENA
With specified substrate *
* Specified substrate : 40mm × 40mm × 1.6mm, Single layer glass epoxy substrate
VCC + 0.5
-30 to +85
-40 to +150
Stresses exceeding Maximum Ratings may damage the device. Maximum Ratings are stress ratings only. Functional operation above the Recommended Operating
Conditions is not implied. Extended exposure to stresses above the Recommended Operating Conditions may affect device reliability.
Semiconductor Components Industries, LLC, 2013
53011 SY/52511 SY/31710 SY 20091119-S00001 No.A1625-1/8