Advanced Double-Ended PWM Controller
The ISL6742B is a high-performance double-ended PWM
controller with advanced synchronous rectifier control and
current limit features. It is suitable for both current- and
voltage-mode control methods.
The ISL6742B includes complemented PWM outputs for
synchronous rectifier (SR) control. The complemented outputs
may be dynamically advanced or delayed relative to the main
outputs using an external control voltage.
Its advanced current sensing circuitry employs sample and
hold methods to provide a precise average current signal.
Suitable for average current limiting, a technique which
virtually eliminates the current tail-out common to peak
current limiting methods, it is also applicable to current
sharing circuits and average current mode control.
This advanced BiCMOS design features an adjustable oscillator
frequency up to 2MHz, internal over-temperature protection,
precision deadtime control, and short propagation delays.
Additionally, Multi-Pulse Suppression ensures alternating output
pulses at low duty cycles where pulse skipping may occur.
(Notes 1, 2, 3)
(Pb-free) DWG. #
ISL6742BAAZA ISL6742 BAAZ -40 to +105 16 Ld QSOP M16.15A
1. Add “-T*” suffix for tape and reel. Please refer to TB347 for details
on reel specifications.
2. These Intersil Pb-free plastic packaged products employ special
Pb-free material sets, molding compounds/die attach materials,
and 100% matte tin plate plus anneal (e3 termination finish, which
is RoHS compliant and compatible with both SnPb and Pb-free
soldering operations). Intersil Pb-free products are MSL classified
at Pb-free peak reflow temperatures that meet or exceed the
Pb-free requirements of IPC/JEDEC J STD-020.
3. For Moisture Sensitivity Level (MSL), please see device information
page for ISL6742B. For more information on MSL, please see tech
• Synchronous rectifier control outputs with adjustable
• Adjustable average current signal
• 3% tolerance cycle-by-cycle peak current limit
• Fast current sense to output delay
• Adjustable oscillator frequency up to 2MHz
• Adjustable deadtime control
• Voltage- or current-mode operation
• Separate RAMP and CS inputs for voltage feed-forward or
• Tight tolerance error amplifier reference over line, load, and
• 175µA start-up current
• Supply UVLO
• Adjustable soft-start
• 70ns leading edge blanking
• Multi-pulse suppression
• Internal over-temperature protection
• Pb-Free (RoHS compliant)
• Half-bridge, full-bridge, interleaved forward, and push-pull
• Telecom and datacom power
• Wireless base station power
• File server power
• Industrial power systems
• See AN1890, “ISL6742BEVAL3Z Power Converter 36V to
75V Input, 12V Output Up to 10A”
January 31, 2014
CAUTION: These devices are sensitive to electrostatic discharge; follow proper IC Handling Procedures.
1-888-INTERSIL or 1-888-468-3774 | Copyright Intersil Americas LLC 2014. All Rights Reserved
Intersil (and design) is a trademark owned by Intersil Corporation or one of its subsidiaries.
All other trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners.