September 29, 2015
Flexible Single Ended Current Mode PWM
The ISL6722A and the ISL6723A are low power,
single-ended pulse width modulating (PWM) current mode
controllers designed for a wide range of DC/DC conversion
applications including boost, flyback, and isolated output
configurations. Similar to, and pin compatible with the
ISL6721, the ISL6722A and ISL6723A offer a modified
feature set. The ISL6722A replaces external synchronization
with a low power SLEEP feature that reduces standby
current to under 200µA. The ISL6723A changes the supply
voltage UVLO threshold to 13V. Additionally, the internal
over temperature protection has been removed in both
controllers. Other features remain the same and include a
low power mode during overvoltage and overcurrent
shutdown faults where the supply current drops to 200µA.
An internal 300ms delay timer prevents rapid “hiccup”
behavior when a shutdown fault does occur.
This advanced BiCMOS design features low operating
current, adjustable operating frequency up to 1MHz, and
• Telecom and Datacom Power
• Wireless Base Station Power
• File Server Power
• Industrial Power Systems
• Isolated Buck and Flyback Regulators
• Boost Regulators
• 1A MOSFET Gate Driver
• 100µA Start-up Current
• Fast Transient Response with Peak Current Mode Control
• Adjustable Switching Frequency up to 1MHz
• Low Power Sleep Mode (ISL6722A)
• Low Power Shutdown Mode
• Delayed Restart from OV and OC Shutdown Faults
• Adjustable Slope Compensation
• Adjustable Soft-Start
• Adjustable Overcurrent Shutdown Delay
• Adjustable UV and OV Monitors
• Leading Edge Blanking
• 1% Tolerance Voltage Reference
• Pb-Free Plus Anneal Available (RoHS Compliant)
ISL6722A, ISL6723A (16 LD SOIC, TSSOP)
ISL6722A (16 LD QFN)
16 15 14 13
CAUTION: These devices are sensitive to electrostatic discharge; follow proper IC Handling Procedures.
1-888-INTERSIL or 1-888-468-3774 | Intersil (and design) is a registered trademark of Intersil Americas Inc.
Copyright © Intersil Americas LLC. 2005, 2007, 2015. All Rights Reserved.
All other trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners.