© Seiko Instruments Inc., 2012
ULTRA-LOW CURRENT CONSUMPTION
PHOTOCURRENT DETECTION IC
The S-5470 Series, developed by CMOS technology, is a photocurrent detection IC with an ultra-low current consumption.
It detects 0.7 nA typ. photocurrent generated by an external photodiode (PD) or LED. It also has a function to detect the
difference of photocurrent level between two external photodiodes (PDs) or LEDs.
Due to its ultra-low current consumption and low-voltage operation, the S-5470 Series is suitable for battery-operated
small mobile device applications.
• Ultra-low current consumption:
• Micro-photocurrent detection:
• Wide operation voltage range:
• Detection of certain photocurrent level:
IDD ≤ 0.1 nA typ.
IDET = 0.7 nA typ.
VDD = 0.9 V to 5.5 V
Detects certain level of photocurrent generated by external photodiode
(PD) or LED
• Detection of photocurrent level difference: Detects the difference of photocurrent level between external
• External parts:
• Lead-free (Sn 100%), halogen-free*2
photodiodes (PDs) or LEDs
One or two external photodiodes (PDs) or LEDs*1
*1. The required number of PDs or LEDs changes with operation.
Regarding selection of PD and LED, refer to "3. Selection of PD or LED" in " Application Circuits".
*2. Refer to " Product Name Structure" for details.
• Shading detection
• Light and darkness detection
• Non-contact switch for portable and wireless device
Seiko Instruments Inc.