1500 Watts Surface Mount Transient Voltage Suppressor
For surface mounted application in order to optimize
Low profile package
Built-in strain relief
Glass passivated junction
Excellent clamping capability
Fast response time: Typically less than 1.0ps from 0
volt to BV min.
Typical IR less than 1μA above 10V
High temperature soldering guaranteed:
260oC / 10 seconds at terminals
Plastic material used carries Underwriters Laboratory
Flammability Classification 94V-0
1500 watts peak pulse power capability with a 10 x
1000 us waveform by 0.01% duty cycle
Dimensions in inches and (millimeters)
Case: Molded plastic
Terminals: Solder plated
Polarity: Indicated by cathode band
Maximum Ratings and Electrical Characteristics
Rating at 25 oC ambient temperature unless otherwise specified.
Peak Power Dissipation at TA=25oC, Tp=1ms ( Note 1)
Power Dissipation on Intinite Heatsink, TA=50oC
Peak Forward Surge Current, 8.3 ms Single Half
Sine-wave Superimposed on Rated Load
(JEDEC method) (Note 2, 3) - Unidirectional Only
Thermal Resistance Junction to Ambient Air (Note 4)
Thermal Resistance Junction to Leads
Operating and Storage Temperature Range
-55 to + 150
Notes: 1. Non-repetitive Current Pulse Per Fig. 3 and Derated above TA=25oC Per Fig. 2.
2. Mounted on 8.0mm2 (.013mm Thick) Copper Pads to Each Terminal.
3. 8.3ms Single Half Sine-wave or Equivalent Square Wave, Duty Cycle=4 Pulses Per Minute
4. Mounted on 5.0mm2(.013mm thick) land areas.
Devices for Bipolar Applications
1. For Bidrectional Use C or CA Suffix for Types 1.5SMC6.8 through Types 1.5SMC200A.
2. Electrical Characteristics Apply in Both Directions.
- 542 -